BlueLite® Swine Electrolytes by TechMix
BlueLite® Swine Electrolytes
Available in 2 lb. or 6 lb. Bags
Swine BlueLite® is a palatable, buffered electrolyte water acidifier for use in pigs as an aid to reduce loss from dehydration and hypoglycemia associated with stress, scours, weaning and handling. May be used for any age, nursing pigs, weanling pigs, feeder pigs and adults.
- Swine BlueLite® is very economical in that it only costs 2-6 cents a day to treat pigs up to 60-70 pounds body weight
- Helps to encourage consistent water intake, maintain adequate hydration, and stimulate feed intake during times of stress
- Specifically formulated to provide critical nutrients
- Cuts losses of body shrink/dehydration for stresses of weaning, sorting and handling
- Helps to maintain fluid intake when unpleasant tasting water supplements are added to the drinking water
- First choice for early weaning, starter pigs, and pigs of any age
- Easy to administer and extremely palatable
- Provides multiple energy sources
- An acidified electrolyte that combines energy sources specifically designed to combat losses in swine due to shrink or dehydration
- Acidification helps to lower gut pH, acting as a bacteria inhibitor
When To Use:
- Following shipment or movement
- During extreme weather conditions
- To provide added energy
- To reduce water pH
- At weaning
- For nursing or newly weaned pigs to help mask unpleasant taste of medicants
- After scours
- Water Use:
- Use in the drinking water one of the following three ways when pigs appear dehydrated from environmental or management stress such as hot weather, weaning, transportation, handling and/or sorting. Give product for 5-7 days or until pigs are consuming their normal amount of feed.
- Mix one ounce (3 tablespoons) per 4 gallons of drinking water.
- Mix one pound (2 1/2 cups) per 64 gallons of drinking water.
- Mix 2 pounds (5 cups) per gallon of stock solution.
- Provide 1 ounce of stock solution to each gallon (128 ounces) of drinking water.
- It is estimated that pigs will normally consume between 8-12% of their body weight in water, depending on environmental and biological stress level. Below are estimated water intake of pigs at different body weights. Estimates are based on water weighing 8.33 pounds per gallon. Please note these are estimates and intakes can vary significantly dependent on several factors.
- 10-20 lb Pig: 0.10-0.25 gallon per day
- 20-30 lb Pig: 0.25-0.35 gallon per day
- Mix 6 pounds (2.72 kg) to each ton of complete swine feed
- Use Swine BlueLite® in the feed for 5-7 days or until pigs are consuming their normal amount of feed
- Calcium (Ca), min: 0.10%
- Calcium (Ca), max: 0.50%
- Phosphorus (P), min: 0.15%
- Salt (NaCl), min: 1.80%
- Salt (NaCl), max: 2.30%
- Sodium (Na), min: 1.00%
- Sodium (Na), max: 1.50%
- Potassium (K), min: 0.84%