Blue2® Swine Electrolytes by TechMix
Blue2®Swine Electrolytes by TechMix
Available in a 2.5 Gallon Jug - Ready to Use
Blue2® is an electrolyte supporting hydration and water intake in pigs of all ages.
Enhanced osmolarity facilitates water transport and absorption. When pigs are stressed and unfamiliar with their environment, offering Blue2® for 3 days provides the critical hydration and energy pigs need to recover quickly. Acidification helps maintain a low stomach pH aiding digestion and prevention of bacterial growth. In addition, using Blue2 in the drinking water functions as a very effective attractant helping increase weaned pig water consumption. Blue2 is a ready to use stock solution and easily delivered in a proportioner, making it an ideal product for the weaned pig.
WHEN TO USE:
- At weaning to provide more nutrients to the pig through the water
- During times of stress or sickness to promote water and feed intake
- During heat stress to offer energy and rehydration support
Blue2® is highly palatable, ready to use and easily delivered in a proportioner, making it an ideal product for the weaned pig.
- Ready-to-use with proportioner
- Ideal electrolyte balance
- Increased osmolarity
- Can provide up to 10% of a pig’s daily energy requirement
- Helps maintain low stomach pH
- High palatability increases water consumption
- Published university research shows decreased morbidity and mortality in challenged pigs
Directions For Use
Provide Blue2® in the drinking water of pigs for 48 hours, when animals are exposed to management or environmental stress. In certain situations Blue2 can be used for longer periods of time, please consult a veterinarian or TechMix representative with inquiries about such use.
Deliver in the drinking water one of the following ways:
1. Deliver at the rate of 1 fl. oz. (30 mL) per gallon (3.8 L) of drinking water (set proportioner at 1:128) Blue2® is ready to use as the stock solution (No stirring required)
2. To create a solution applied in pans or with gruel: Mix 2- 4 oz (60 – 120 mL) of Blue2 with 1 gallon of water. Feed can be added to this solution to create a gruel.